The 7 Continents: South America helps students learn about South America through fun reading and writing activities.
Five geography units cover the following standards-based topics:
Section 1: South America in the World
Introduces students to the location of South America in the world.
- South America's Relative Location
- South America's Hemispheres
- South America's Absolute Location
- Using a Projection Map
Section 2: Political Divisions of South America
Introduces students to the three regions and 12 countries of South America.
- Population of South America
- Countries of South America
- Largest Countries by Area
- Largest Countries by Population
- Western South America
- Population of Western South America
- Northern South America
- Population of Northern South America
- Eastern South America
- Population of Eastern South America
- Capital Cities of South America
Section 3: Physical Features of South America
Students learn about the landforms and bodies of water of South America.
- South America's Diverse Landscape
- Andes Mountains
- Highlands of South America
- Plains of South America
- Amazon Rainforest
- Atacama Desert
- Tierra del Fuego
- Bodies of Water
- Lake Titicaca
- Amazon River
- Angel Falls
Section 4: Valuable Resources of South America
Students learn about the various natural resources of South America.
- Oil in Venezuela
- Itaipu Dam
- Mining Copper in Chile
- Llamas and Alpacas
- Rainforest Resources
- Amazon Rainforest Wildlife
- Galapagos Islands Wildlife
Section 5: South American Culture
Introduces students to the architecture, art, beliefs, and traditions of South American people.
- Tourist Attractions
- Arts and Entertainment
- Religions of South America
- Native Cultures
- South American Cuisine
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.