Which famous German composer started the first lawsuit over the copyright of his music? What famous queen received a marriage proposal from a young Amadeus Mozart? (Hint: the French Revolution). Can you name another German composer who renounced his Judaism and fully embraced the Christian faith? Did you know that Dvorak's New World Symphony caused much controversy over its origin?
In our first book, Godly Composers, we chose men who sought after glorifying God through their music. In this second composer book we do not present the composers in the same light. Some of these musicians honored God and some did not. The purpose of this work is to present the lives of four composers to help you teach your children to enjoy their music. Color the Classics II includes the biographies of the great composers: Telleman, Mozart, Mendelssohn, and Dvorak.
How the Program Works
- Have the child start coloring or painting an illustration.
- Take the information from the book that describes that illustration and retell this information as a story.
- Play the music that belongs to the illustration.
- Have the children finish the picture.
- This multi-sensory approach will lock the experience in your child's mind.
The original purchasers of these books have the right to reproduce the illustrations for use with their own children only.
(Total time for Composers II CD: approx. 70 minutes)