Even during the carefree months of summer, children can be preparing for the next grade with Daily Summer Activities. It’s packed with engaging activities that will build learners’ confidence for the next grade level by practicing essential skills. Activities offer practice of essential skills across subject areas, including reading, math, writing, spelling, and geography.
With just one or two activities per day over a 10-week period, Daily Summer Activities helps to keep skills sharp without getting in the way of vacation time.
Updated in 2018, the revised Daily Summer Activities reflects grade-level expectations and includes open-ended questions to develop your child’s critical thinking skills. Fun reward stickers are also included.
10 weeks of instruction cover the following skills:
Language arts practice:
- two stories with comprehension questions each week
- sentences to correct for capitalization, punctuation, and grammar
- 12 spelling words to learn each week
- alphabetical order
- parts of speech
- synonyms, antonyms, and homophones
- prefixes and suffixes
- multiplication and division facts
- word problems
- up to four-digit addition and subtraction with borrowing and carrying
- dividing by one digit
- multiplication by one and two digits
- map symbols
- map reading
- cursive handwriting practice
- creative writing activities
- practice cards for multiplication and division facts through the nines
Teachers pack a lot into the school year, so don’t let all that hard work fall by the wayside when summer comes.