Have fun on the farm with this extra-thick wooden puzzle. It includes seven easy-grasp, chunky farm animals and a barn. Each piece has a full-color, matching picture underneath. The barn and animal pieces stand upright for pretend play. Encourages hand-eye, fine motor and creative expression skills.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to line up the pieces, and count them aloud together.
- Encourage the child to identify and discuss all the colors on the pieces. Do any pieces have more than one color? Do any pieces have colors in common?
- Make each animal's sound, and ask the child to point to the right animal and say its name as you "call" it.
- Place three or four puzzle pieces in a row and ask the child to study them. Then have the child look away while you remove one piece. Ask the child to look again and tell you which piece is missing. Repeat with fewer or more pieces to alter the level of difficulty.
- With all the pieces on the puzzle board, ask the child questions to make up a simple story about a day on the farm. For instance, "Lots of farm animals have come to the pond! What do they like to do at the pond?" or "Which animal will go to the barn first for bedtime?"
Dimensions: 1" x 9" x 12"