Walter Foster's classic How to Draw and Paint series provides aspiring artists with an exceptional array of art instruction books featuring all subject areas and media. Each title includes easy step-by-step exercises as well as finished illustrations or paintings that will inspire artistic talent in anyone.
Packed with practical information, helpful tips, and fundamental techniques, the How to Draw and Paint series offers a complete library of resources to which artists of all skill levels can refer again and again.
What you'll learn from this book ...
• A step-by-step process for painting in watercolor, from sketches to final details
• Important colors for a basic watercolor palette, and how to blend to achieve secondary hues
• Tips for creating special effects, including how to work wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry
• What materials you will need, and how to set up your studio
• The basics of good composition, and the value of a line of rhythm
• Methods for adding background elements to create a finished work of art