Walter Foster's classic How to Draw and Paint series provides aspiring artists with an exceptional array of art instruction books featuring all subject areas and media. Each title includes easy step-by-step exercises as well as finished illustrations or paintings that will inspire artistic talent in anyone.
Packed with practical information, helpful tips, and fundamental techniques, the How to Draw and Paint series offers a complete library of resources to which artists of all skill levels can refer again and again.
What you'll learn from this book ...
• Thorough information on tools and materials necessary for creating works of art in pastel
• Simple steps for pastel application, color blending, and background tinting
• The process of planning a composition to achieve proper placement and balance
• Ways to use pastels with other media, such as watercolor or India ink
• Helpful tips for accurately rendering portraits, still lifes, animals, and landscapes