Evan-Moor's Nonfiction Reading Practice workbooks feature three reading selections written on the same topic, but at three different reading levels. Featuring high-interest topics along with teacher resource pages, visual aids, a writing form aligned with selection-specific writing prompts, vocabulary lists for each leveled reading section, and comprehension questions, this book will engage and encourage students as they build literary skills.
The 17 units of nonfiction reading selections cover these 2nd Grade topics:
- Social Studies: Our President; Harriet Tubman; The Statue of Liberty; Veterans Day; Lakes
- Science/Health: Exercise; Food Chains; Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Mathematics: Estimating Cost; Metric Measurements; Fractions
- Technology: Learning at the Computer; Curiosity Rover
- The Arts: Native American Weaving; Photography; Kristi Yamaguchi; Ansel Adams