Foster a love of reading and help your child get ready for kindergarten. Your child will enjoy the illustrated stories and activities, which are related to identifying insects, different kinds of insects, and identifying spiders. You will appreciate the engaging language, math, and alphabet card activities that teach basic reading and math readiness skills.
Early Bird: Insects includes:
- Three colorful storybooks: Bug Jars, Insects, and What Is It? Your child can read the story aloud or listen to you read the story to him or her. The interesting topics and illustrations motivate children to read.
- Fun activities that provide age-appropriate practice of language, math, and fine motor skills. After each story, the activity pages help your child show what he or she learned and practice fundamental skills.
Sample skills include:
- Following directions; categorization; vocabulary development
- Geometric shapes; beginning computation; measurement
- Rhymes and chants to help your child learn new vocabulary
- Theme-based alphabet cards with games. The flashcards can be cut and sorted to play fun matching games with your child. Hands-on activities further help your child learn letters and their sounds.