Walter Foster's classic How to Draw and Paint series provides aspiring artists with an exceptional array of art instruction books featuring all subject areas and media. Each title includes easy step-by-step exercises as well as finished illustrations or paintings that will inspire artistic talent in anyone.
Packed with practical information, helpful tips, and fundamental techniques, the How to Draw and Paint series offers a complete library of resources to which artists of all skill levels can refer again and again.
What you'll learn from this book ...
• Tips on photographing the subject and planning a painting
• Innovative methods for improving your watercolor paintings
• Ways to create unique backgrounds, centers of interest, and special effects for floral compositions
• How to use different types of lines to create direction and contrast
• Various techniques for making patterns and textures