Learning to carve has never been easier!
- Beginner-friendly guide to getting started includes tools, safety, supplies, and how to make a tool roll and carving apron
- Basic techniques section covers transferring patterns, making cuts, painting & finishing, and doweling
- 8 skill-building exercises with practice blocks to help you progressively develop your carving skills
- 6 projects start simply, then slowly increase in difficulty, to help you apply your skills while using your practice blocks
- Step-by-step photos & instructions guide you every step of the way and make it simple to get started
With hundreds of color photos and easy-to-use patterns, Easy Woodcarving is the step-by-step guide for beginner carvers!
No previous carving knowledge is needed. Anyone can learn the basics of carving with the easy-to-follow skill-building exercises, clearly defined terms, and the informative chapter on choosing tools and selecting wood.
With clear, step-by-step guidance, author Cyndi Joslyn, a professional woodcarver and carving instructor, and the author of Carving Santas from Around the World and Halloween Woodcarving, provides everything you need to know to get started. You'll learn the basics of carving through a series of skill-building exercises, accompanied by hundreds of color photos, that will have you creating original folk art projects in no time.
Inside Easy Woodcarving, you'll learn:
- The essentials of tool selection, maintenance, and wood varieties
- Techniques for carving basic shapes, such as cylinders, balls, and cubes
- Easy-to-use patterns similar to those used in fiber arts
- Straightforward painting and finishing instructions
- Bonus sewing projects
If you've enjoyed the crafts of needlework, painting, and weaving and are looking to discover something new, then this book will inspire and inform you to discover the joy of carving.
If you have always wanted to learn how to carve, then Easy Woodcarving is the book for you. With Easy Woodcarving, new carvers will discover just how "easy" this craft can be!