The books in ScienceWorks for Kids, Grades 1-3, connect science with real life. Each book covers 8 science concepts that are supported by hands-on activities and ready-to-go resources. Each lesson relates to the National Science Education Standards.
Habitats covers these concepts:
- a habitat is a place where plants and animals naturally live
- a desert habitat has very little rainfall
- a forest is a tree-covered habitat
- a pond is a fresh-water habitat
- an ocean is a salt-water habitat
- a savanna is a grassland habitat
- a polar habitat is very cold
A variety of engaging activities present the concepts in ways that students can understand. Each concept presented includes:
- teacher directions for lessons
- reproducible resource pages such as sets of picture cards, minibooks, and lab sheets to record the results of hands-on investigations
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.